Sunday 12 August 2012

Lindsay Wixson by Terry Richardson, UK Vogue August 2012





When I was twelve I begged my Mum to let me have my ears pierced like all my friends did. I don't think I've worn earrings since, yet I felt really drawn to Terry Richardson's photographs of Lindsay Wixson in the August issue of UK Vogue. I've had a subscription to the magazine for three years now and keep forgetting to cancel it, but sometimes they'll do something that catches my attention, like this or their wonderful interview with Jane Birkin last October, where she talked about her collection of holey cashmere socks and the time Jacques Doillon ran over her infamous wicker basket in his car. Nevertheless, the clean, simple silver hoops (and, also, this) have made me seriously rethink my previous aversions to piercings. So much so that I'm thinking of paying a visit to Love, Adorned and picking up a set for myself when I'm in NYC in a few weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment